Internship | Investment Banking, Summer Analyst, Amsterdam (Europe, Middle East and Africa)
- Required language
- Dutch, English
You're the brains behind our work.
You're ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it's honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can't come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility and career growth is not a question of if, but when. Citi's Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Summer Analysts to join the Investment Banking team in Amsterdam.
The Investment Banking group advises corporate clients who want to raise funds in capital markets and who need strategic support in financial transactions. Initiatives you may be working on with clients include mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financial restructurings, underwriting, and distributing equity, debt and derivative securities. If none of these terms make sense right now, that's ok! Our internship is designed to help you increase your knowledge, so whatever your degree is in we will give you the training and support you need to excel.
Your time here will look something like this...
- Collect and analyze company information to assist transactions, including conducting industry research, revising and organizing financial data
- Analyze financial data and develop financial models including company valuations, discounted cash flow analysis, financing and comparative analyses
- Create and finalize new business development presentations
- Coordinate tasks with internal and external working teams
- Prepare required internal documentation e.g. control and compliance regulations
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We're committed to teaching you the ropes. The ten week Summer Analyst program starts in June and begins with a one week training program in London after which you will return to the team in Amsterdam, where you'll focus on financial analysis and business development. Top-performing Summer Analysts may return to Citi after graduation to work as a full-time Analyst.
We want to hear from you if...
- You are in your penultimate/final year of university or graduated
- Strong academics
- Interest in business
- You are fluent in English
Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you.
We'll also be looking for the following:
- Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn and success in team environments
- Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape is a plus, but not required
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
We will begin to review applications before the deadline and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.