Traineeship | Data Management
- Mploy Associates
- Amsterdam,Rotterdam,Den Haag,Utrecht
- Financial Services, IT
- Required language
- Dutch, English
DATA MANAGEMENT TRAINEESHIP / YOUNG TALENT DATA MANAGEMENT
If you enjoy working with data flows while coordinating and facilitating data processes and you are energized by stakeholder management, then our Young Talent Program in Data Management is a perfect fit for you. Next to monitoring data quality and developing quality monitoring tools such as dashboards, you will provide solutions to guarantee the consistency and reliability of the data. In addition to a challenging position as a data manager, the Young Talent Program also offers you a personalized program in which you will learn both the technical and soft-skills required to develop yourself into an authentic high-end professional.
What does your work as Data Manager look like?
Your work as a Data Manager is focused on understanding data flows and improving data quality. You enjoy puzzling with? have a passion for large amounts of data and you develop your skills during on job in various data analysis techniques. Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Implementation of data quality checks, development of data quality dashboards and monitoring of data quality. You do this in Excel, Power BI or more advanced software if desired;
- Researching the new regulations concerning data management, and translating this research into new system implementations;
- Doing research and documentation on data flows and data lineage;
- Researching the data sets and systems to find out how data quality issues arise;
- Performing trend analyzes in financial data to guarantee the completeness and accuracy of the data;
- Preparing management reports and presentations to senior management regarding progress and data quality issues;
- Organizing stakeholder meetings to discuss and present the results and follow-up actions of the above work activities;
Furthermore, you will be the main point of contact for different stakeholders to whom you may share the insights from your analysis who would like to understand the data as well as you do. The specifics of your work duties will be fine-tuned, and are dependent on what type of financial institution you will be employed at, either a bank, insurer or asset manager.
Our Young Talent Program has been developed to train the next generation of leaders and professionals within the financial industry. At Mploy Associates we challenge you to develop your technical knowledge and soft skills within 24 months.
Four days a week you will be at one of our partnering firms within the financial industry in Amsterdam, Utrecht, Rotterdam or The Hague and one day a week you are challenged in-house at Mploy Associates. On this day you will follow your personalized Young Talent Program. In 24 months we will prepare you for the next career step as a high-end professional at the bank or insurer. As a Young Talent at Mploy Associates you will be challenged from the start, you will be required to understand and complete complex assignments to excel at.
In addition to focusing on your career and ambitions, we also believe that making a social contribution is important. That is why we invite you to participate in two pro bono projects at NGO’s together with your Young Talent Team at the end of the year.
Coaching and guidance
Your personalized Young Talent Program will be constructed under joint supervision of Mploy Associates and the partner organization. On day one, you and your Talent Manager from Mploy Associates collaborate to set out your goals in a personalized plan of action. In close cooperation with the manager at the bank or insurer, we personalize your 10 modules of the Young Talent Program to ensure that all facets of your personal development and technical knowledge will be attended to. Next to the personal guidance from Mploy Associates, you will also receive daily guidance and support from your colleagues.
What are we looking for?
For the Young Talent position in Data Management we are looking for graduates with different data related backgrounds, experiences and passions. To specify:
- You have 0-3 years of work experience and want to learn everything about data and the processing of it;
- You want to put your data-related knowledge that you have gained during your HBO or WO study program into practice (e.g., Information Sciences, Business Administration, Economics or another related study);
- Experience or at least affinity with the processing of large data sets;
- You do not hesitate to use your analytical skills to solve complex problems in a creative and logical way;
- You are energized by stakeholder management and you are well adept at gathering reliable information;
- You are ambitious, self-reflective and dare to be confident in an authentic way;
What do we offer?
We offer the opportunity to become an expert in the field of Data Management, where we train you in a proven way to excel into a high-end professional. Needless to say, excellent working conditions are of great value to us. This includes the following:
- Working 4 days a week at a large bank or insurer in Amsterdam, Utrecht, Rotterdam or The Hague;
- Developing yourself 1 day a week in-house with personalized and professional coaching and training;
- Regular fun team activities with the other Young Talents; think of escape rooms, drinks and dinners;
- An international working environment with Young Talents from all over the world;
- Pro-deo Young Talent projects with socially relevant NGOs;
- The opportunity to take the next step in your career with the client after successfully completing the Young Talent program;
- A competitive salary, performance bonus and great secondary benefits/secondary employment conditions;
- A public transport card and OV-bike;
First, you will be invited for a career coaching interview at our office to talk about your ambitions and get to know each other. After a successful completion of the initial interview, we will present a number of Young Talent positions based on your qualities and career goals. After a preparatory assessment, we invite you for an in-depth interview with the relevant bank or insurer, after which we will definitively decide whether our Young Talent position is the right choice for you.
Every 3 months a new group of Young Talents starts within our program, with the possibility of joining earlier or later. In consultation with you we look at the best moment to start, depending on your graduation and other significant factors.
In conclusion: Are you working on your thesis or have you already graduated and are you ambitious to develop yourself self into a Data Manager within the financial sector? Then please send your resume to email@example.com. We will make sure to respond within two working days. We are looking forward to meet you!