APG | Vacancy | Quantitative Trader | Amsterdam
- Asset Management
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Do you have a constructive critical view and excellent analytical skills? Are you a team player who grasps complex matters easily ? Do you have programming skills that you can use to analyse big data? Do you possess good knowledge of and interest in trading and financial markets? Do you like to work in an international environment and be partly responsible for the pension of 4.7 million people? Then you may be the Trader that we are looking for. In this exciting role you will be responsible for the trading and execution of trades within APG Asset Management.
Who are we?
APG manages over €500 billion in assets for pension funds. APG provides the pension for one in five families in the Netherlands. APG plays a leading role in the pension sector, and focuses strongly on the transition towards sustainable investing. You will join a diverse team of 20 professionals with various nationalities, which is responsible for the navigating the global financial markets. Our core belief is that via informed decision making, with insights from quantitative finance and making use of technology and a variety of data, we will be successful in realizing the investment positions that our clients require. We are on a permanent journey to trade smarter, and need young talent to drive that further.
You will come to work at APG’s Trading-desk in Amsterdam. Given the size of the pension funds that APG has a its clients, the scale of the trading-desk activities is oftentimes very significant. The team’s expertise is to implement large exposures effectively and discretely, thereby avoiding impact on market prices. As a full member of the team you can contribute to extending our market-leading position by taking on the challenge of trading. Furthermore you will bear the responsibility to enhance our implementation strategies through quantitative research in a variety of fields, ranging from derivative pricing to market micro structure analysis and systematic strategies.
As a (quantitative) Trader within the Treasury and Trading department your focus areas will be:
- Responsible for the realisation and implementation of fixed income transactions (bonds and derivatives) within APG Asset Management.
- Make use of financial engineering to build financial models, tools, algorithms to support an informed and thoughtful trading-process and exposure-management.
- Functional support of existing quantitative tools.
- Keep an overview of orders and trading activities. Analyse trading activities to implement them in the most efficient and cost effective way.
- Keep track of relevant global internal and external developments in field the of trading and financial markets.
- Maintain a good relationship with all external and internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to (innovative) products, research, systems, tools and processes in the trading/investment field.
You will be working closely with the other traders in the team and towards the rest of the organisation i.e. portfolio managers, risk managers and fiduciary managers.
As a Trader you will you will join our dynamic environment, you are a team player while working with considerable autonomy. You are enthusiastic, energetic and result-oriented. You do not have any difficulty thinking quickly or switching gear. Your strong analytical skills enable you to identify changes and opportunities in the market.
Furthermore we ask for:
- A master’s degree or PhD in Econometrics, Mathematics , Physics Computer Science or Engineering and demonstrating interest in trading.
- Knowledge about financial markets/products and insight in financial modelling theory and data science methods and techniques. Knowledge about numerical methods applied to finance and good in probability theory and stochastic processes.
- Programming skills in Excel/R/C++/Python/VBA/Matlab.
- Open and creative mind who can make decisions without having all the information at hand.
- Strong communication skills and reasons logically.
- Maximum of three year's work experience
Your salary and benefits are competitive in the Dutch labor market. As a certified Top Employer we offer you a challenging and appealing work environment with excellent benefits, so you are able to continually grow on a personal and professional level, maintaining a healthy work-life balance at the same time. We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives. Everyone is welcome to apply.
For more information about this position, please contact Andre Komaromi, Corporate Recruiter, at +31 (6) 12417927. If you are the person we are looking for, click on the apply button or visit our werkenbij website, complete the form and upload your CV and cover letter.