Internship - Structured Finance
- ABN Amro
- Banking, Corporate Finance, Financial Services, Private Equity, Trading
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Apply via our website:
At a glance
You have a natural feel for numbers, are commercially driven, and interested in advising large corporates and institutions on their capital structure and structuring complex debt financings for them. You are data- and strategy-driven, want to contribute to the sustainability shift and you embrace change. Is this you? Then the Structured Finance & Portfolio Management (SF&PM) internship is the perfect match for you. Within SF&PM, you'll work at the cutting edge of high-end debt financing transactions for financial institutions and large corporates.
As an intern you will work for four months in the challenging surroundings of SF&PM. During your internship you will have a hands-on role in either: Project Finance; one of the Lending teams, specialising in Corporates, Financial Institutions and/or Energy & Transportation clients; Loan Markets, focused on origination & structuring of syndicated loans; Central Portfolio Management, the active steering consultant for ABN AMRO’s Corporate & Institutional Bank; or Sustainability Advisory, focused on the execution of the bank's sustainability strategy through responsible and sustainable finance solutions. Depending on the team you will join, you will assist on presentations, financial modelling, interpreting market data, analysis of a company’s financial figures and business profile and internal portfolio analyses. You will learn to advise on capital funding solutions to our clients, learn how to structure their financing and how to establish optimal terms and conditions for it. In addition, you will get the opportunity to participate in client calls and internal meetings, working closely together with other departments within the bank such as M&A, Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, Sector Coverage and Risk. You will acquire in-depth knowledge of products and are able to widen your general knowledge of the corporate and investment banking activities within ABN AMRO.
You consider yourself a top scholar at university and show strong capabilities, both analytically and commercially. You have a professional work attitude, enjoy working in a team and are able to deal with multiple tasks within tight deadlines. If you are in the final phase of your academic career and are looking for an internship in a challenging environment that will deepen your understanding of investment banking and debt-related products, this internship will match your needs.
Candidates for the internship need to fulfil the following requirements;
- University education (preferably Master students) with excellent grades;
- A natural feeling for finance and strong affinity with investment banking. A finance or economics master is however not a prerequisite and we welcome students with different backgrounds, e.g. in econometrics, engineering, physics, mathematics or social sciences;
- Minimum availability of four months (full-time), from March 1st, 2021 onwards;
- A strong link to the Netherlands;
- Extracurricular experience and/or experience abroad;
- No more than one year of work experience;
- Strong communication skills in English, in writing and speaking;
- Curious, excelling in a dynamic and changing work environment;
- Able to analyse the details and at the same time see the bigger picture;
- Entrepreneurial and accountable mind-set, taking ownership of your work;
- Natural team player embracing diversity with a willingness to work hard to get the job done.
Would you like to apply for an internship within SF&PM? The first upcoming starting date is March 1st, 2021. The duration of the internship is flexible, with a minimum of four months.
Does this internship sound interesting to you? Apply by using the link below including a cover letter (explaining your motivation in detail for ABN AMRO and SF&PM specifically), resume and grade list. Should you have any further questions, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Location: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NL
Job Posting Date: 09-Feb-2021
Requisition ID: 16146