Trainee Global Markets - Corporate & Institutional Banking Talent Programme
- ABN Amro
- Banking, Corporate Finance, Financial Services, Fintech, IT, M&A, Private Equity, Real Estate Services, Risk Management, Trading
- Required language
At a glance
Are you socially aware as well as curious and inquisitive? Do you have the desire to work in the largest dealing room in continental Europe? The Global Markets track of our Corporate & Institutional Banking Talent Programme may be the perfect fit for you. Located at the Zuidas in Amsterdam, you’ll find the best deals for your clients and guide them in the complex world of financial products.
In your first 5 weeks at ABN AMRO you’ll follow the Corporate & Institutional Banking Talent Programme together with your colleague trainees. During this period, you’ll get to know the corporate bank you’ll later be working for. Besides a broad introduction to ABN AMRO, you’ll participate in training in the fields of Financial Markets, Financial Analysis, Financial Modelling, Corporate & Institutional Banking, Credit Risk and Personal Development. Trainings will be delivered by those at the very top of their field (and in collaboration with Nyenrode University) – including university lecturers, professional trainers and managers at ABN AMRO. Together, they will give you a solid basis for further development within the bank. At the same time, you will build an international network of graduates from several parts of the corporate bank. A great start to your Corporate & Institutional Banking Talent Programme.
Following the initial general training, you’ll start in the Global Markets rotation programme, during which you’ll work in different parts of the dealing room over the course of 18 months. You’ll also get the chance to branch out into one of the other departments within the corporate bank – thereby broadening your knowledge and network. It’s also possible to gain experience in one of our offices in Europe. After 18 months, you’ll be ready for the starting point that best matches your skills and ambitions. From day one you will take full responsibilities.
Possible rotation assignments include:
- Sales to corporate/institutional clients and Trading in a variety of assets classes, including Foreign Exchange (FX), Fixed Income, Interest Rates or Derivatives products
- Advising clients (Public and Private) on Debt Capital Markets (DCM) and Equity Capital Markets (ECM) transactions, such as IPOs, rights issues, and bond issuance.
- Working on various digital and electronification initiatives to further automate Sales & Trading.
- Writing research on sectors, commodities, currencies or the general macro economy (Group Economics Research).
- Opportunity to rotate at various other desks such as our inhouse development teams, our fintech start-up Franx, one of our Joint Ventures, at Business Management or at Market Risk Management.
As the job is ever-changing, you’re guaranteed to learn a lot in a short space of time. With the knowledge you gain, you’ll be in good shape for a great career at ABN AMRO.
Your working environment
Markets is the heart of Corporate & Institutional Banking and advises clients on the purchase and sale of (complex) financial products - for example, currency, stocks, bonds, fixed-income and structured products. Our clients vary from Private Banking to (Large) Corporate Clients, Public Sector and Financial Institutions. We carry out transactions for them from our dealing rooms in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London and Paris.
Working at ABN AMRO means becoming even better at what you do. We understand clients, translate their ambitions into joint success and earn their trust. We want our clients to understand our products. That is why we sometimes even say 'no' if the risk attached to a product is too big for the client. Serving the client's interests is also a question of offering and communicating a transparent range of products. Banking is our business, the world is our challenge.
You have the ability to understand complex things, have a keen eye for promising developments in the market and have business empathy. We don’t need to tell you that sharing knowledge and working as a team are crucially important on the trading floor. You have the ability to bring together colleagues with different specialisations so that you can optimally support the client. Reaching your goal satisfies you. You enjoy learning new things and feel comfortable in changing environments.
- A Master’s degree with above-average grades and no more than two years of work experience.
- Proven affinity with financial markets and interest in investment products.
- Social and strong communication skills.
- Relevant extracurricular activities and/or experience abroad.
- (Internship) experience in Financial Markets and/or programming/IT development skills
What we offer
The success of our organization depends on the quality of our people and the ideas they have. We believe that teams composed of a combination of cultures, knowledge and experience will generate insights, perspectives and innovative solutions for our customers. Therefore diversity is of vital importance to our organization. To ensure that everyone within ABN AMRO can develop his or her qualities, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel involved and appreciated.
- The opportunity to be the best you can be and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally.
- A competitive salary based on a 40-hour working week.
- A benefit budget (part of the annual salary) which gives the possibility to buy flexible terms of employment (e.g. bicycle, telephone).
- Fixed contract after successfully completing the 15-month initial period of the Talent Programme.
- An additional personal development budget of € 1,000 per year, which you can freely use.
- An annual public transport pass valid throughout the Netherlands.
- A good pension scheme and disability insurance.
- Every year you are entitled to 25 holidays and in addition 5 “Banking for Better Days”, which can be used for personal development or a variety of social initiatives like voluntary work.
- Every 5 years you are entitled to a sabbatical with a maximum period of up to 6 months, whereby you will retain 40% of your salary in the first 3 months.
During the entire program, you'll receive guidance from a Pool Manager, assignment supervisors, trainers and a mentor. In addition, ABN AMRO offers an ongoing training curriculum that allows you to increase the knowledge of our business, deepen your understanding of financial markets and products, and further develop your personal skills. You'll also regularly get together with the Corporate & Institutional Banking Talent Programme's training group.
We strong encourage women to apply to our roles.
Apply for this vacancy via the button below. Upload your CV, grades and cover letter. Please add your grades to either your CV or cover letter.
The general weeks of training will take place at the beginning of March and September, although we welcome applications throughout the year. When you’re invited to take an aptitude test, you must complete it within 5 days. The test comprises sequences of numbers, figures and matrices. Furthermore the procedure consists of 3 interviews and a final interview with one of our MT members.
Would you like to know more about the possibilities offered by the Corporate & Institutional Banking Talent Programme and this track? Get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Location: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NL
Job Posting Date: 30-Dec-2020
Requisition ID: 40004