Working Student | Credit Risk | Amsterdam
- Work Student
- Banking, Multinational, Quantitative Finance
- Required language
Joining the Credit Risk team and work on projects together with more experienced colleagues to deliver extraordinary performance. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
Credit risk practitioners help banks and other financial institutions in keeping the risks associated to the credit component of their portfolio under control. In this context, losses mainly arise from borrowers or counterparties failing to meet their obligations in accordance with agreed terms.
Therefore, credit risk practitioners perform their work in strict contact with regulation, in a continuously transforming environment, characterized by the advent of new digital and data driven-decisions.
A Working Student at Deloitte Credit Risk has an impact on the global financial service industry by servicing key clients and working in projects which positively change the financial service industry. As a working student you support the team by e.g. drafting proposals for high-exposure prospects, build KPI dashboards to improve business insights or apply techniques from your study to develop new models in the financial service.
You will be part of a collaborative culture at Deloitte where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. You will always work in a team of consultants, who provide feedback and help you grow.
This is how
- build and communicate a strategic and innovative vision on the financial services industry;
- able to connect and advise on the various aspects of financial institutions;
- apply your skills in quantitative modelling or data analytics;
- communication with colleagues and eager to learn;
- build a strong network in the financial service industry and peers in quantitative modelling.
You share your expertise with about 30 other colleagues in the Credit Risk Modeling team that is part of Financial Risk Management within Deloitte Risk Advisory.
At Financial Risk Management, we focus on the development and validation of models, using quantitative methods and techniques to solve various challenges faced by our clients. This includes the use of modeling techniques from quantitative finance, statistics, and applied mathematics. In addition, we also take into account the impact of laws and regulations.
In this department, we find it important to continuously develop yourself. That's why we value innovation and personal development.
What we offer
- a competitive salary;
- an overtime arrangement that allows you to receive compensation for overtime;
- great growth opportunities. Depending on your ambitions and performance;
- a development program that helps you keep growing;
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- a laptop with a 4G connection;
- a good pension scheme;
- an opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- an opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme.
What you offer
When it comes to the technicalities of the job, you're ready for anything. At the same time, you're able to inspire and motivate the team to deliver excellent results. You have the courage to try out new things and to keep learning, even if there are setbacks along the way. For the role of Working Student in the Credit Risk team, you also are/have:
- almost obtained a degree in: Actuarial Science, Econometrics, Mathematics, Economics, (Quantitative) Finance or a science Master;
- available at least three days per week for a minimum of three months;
- living in the Netherlands;
- affinity with the financial and corporate sector;
- excellent analytical skills;
- affinity with quantitative modelling, and/or programming;
- a team player;
- good communicative skills;
- ambitious, independent, energetic and able to perform under pressure;
- result-oriented, while ensuring the quality of work;
- proficient in English, both verbally and in writing.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
More info? Ask Beatrice.
Beatrice Bonioli, Campus Recruiter Risk Advisory