2023 - Investment Banking - Client Financing Solutions - Summer Internship - London
- Required language
- Commences at
- 19 June 2023
- Finishes at
- 18 August 2023
Investment Banking overview
Nomura’s Investment Banking Division provides advisory and capital-raising solutions to corporations, financial institutions, governments and public-sector organizations around the world. Our global teams act as geographic, industry and product specialists (Client Financing & Solutions). We connect clients directly to Asia, accessing deep pools of liquidity and dynamic growth markets. In EMEA, we operate across targeted industry sectors and in most major European countries to deliver strategic advice to clients wishing to acquire, combine or sell businesses or looking for financing and risk management solutions.
Through our nine-week Internship Programme you will experience real insight into the banking business. It is your chance to get a feel for our culture, gain valuable on-the-job training and create new networks. An internship is also the perfect introduction to a subsequent full time role. At the end of the internship, strong performers will receive offers to join our Graduate Programme.
During week one, class-room training is provided to enhance the key technical skills to enable you to perform well during the internship. Additional sessions include product presentations, business overviews as well as social events.
After the training week, Investment Banking summer interns will be placed in one of our Client Financing & Solutions (CFS) Teams.
Nomura’s CFS division specialise in providing financing advisory services to clients through several different product streams:
- Acquisition & Leveraged Finance – provides debt financing for high profile private equity and corporate clients across a wide range of industries and geographies
- Debt Capital Markets – Bridging Investment Banking with Global Markets, the DCM team connects borrowers with investors by providing advice to both regular and new debt issuers on structuring and placing fixed income transactions in the international bond markets
- Debt Capital Markets Syndicate – Private side trading desk which works in close collaboration with DCM and Global Markets in the issuance of bonds
- Equity Solutions – Innovative equity-related strategies for a wide range of clients, sectors and geographies. The Team designs and executes bespoke transactions in the context of stake acquisitions, financing against equity positions, stock disposals, as well as solutions to optimise hedging and M&A situations.
- Real Estate & Securitised Products (RESP) – A multi-faceted team that offers clients innovative financing solutions and advisory services across a range of products; Non-Performing Loans and REOs, Commercial Real Estate Lending, Asset-Backed Lending and Specialty Finance, SRT, Structured ABS and Fund Financing.
- Risk Solutions Group – RSG is a market leader in origination and execution of tailor-made hedging solutions for Corporate, Private Equity and Infrastructure clients to help mitigate interest rate, foreign exchange and inflation exposures.
- Structured Finance – The Structured Finance team structures bespoke credit facilities for clients, primarily focusing on situations with attractive risk-return profiles for our own balance sheet and other investors. The team’s mandate is broad, creating a variety of credit facility types across EMEA and in a variety of sectors, such as Power, Utilities and Infrastructure, non-real estate asset backed portfolios (e.g. loans, receivables), and sports among others
What are we looking for?
At Nomura our goal is to attract and develop exceptionally talented people who share our passion for individual excellence and our commitment to teamwork. We recruit students with a high level of academic and extra-curricular achievement, who will be able to withstand the rigours of a rapidly changing, demanding but ultimately rewarding environment. If you are interested in both the Investment Banking and Global Markets division, these roles in CFS just might be right for you.
To apply to this position, you should be in your final or penultimate year at university and on track to achieve a 2:1 or equivalent.
Fluency in English is essential.
How to apply
Please note that you can only submit one application per recruitment year (Sep 2022 – August 2023) and that all applications must be submitted online via: www.nomura.com/careers
To apply for a 2023 summer internship position, candidates should be available for full time employment in July 2023 or 2024. We accept applications for this programme from penultimate year students (graduating 2024) and final year students graduating 2023.