Intern | Investment Team
- Towerbrook Capital Partners
- Private Equity
- Required language
TowerBrook Capital Partners is a purpose-driven, transatlantic investment firm that works to grow and improve large and middle-market businesses by partnering with management teams and employees to build excellent companies that make a positive impact on society. Since inception in 2001, TowerBrook has raised a total of $18.7 billion and invested in more than 85 companies on both sides of the Atlantic. TowerBrook operates as a single, unified team of experienced investment professionals focused on unlocking value in complex situations. The firm’s highly synergistic family of funds make control and non-control investments across the capital structure, providing capital and resources to transform the capabilities and prospects of its portfolio companies.
Across its funds, TowerBrook pursues 3 investment strategies:
- Private equity:TowerBrook primarily pursues control-oriented private equity investments in large and middle market companies, partnering with highly capable management teams, often in situations characterized by complexity
- Structured opportunities: Non-control investments in large and middle market companies, structured to generate equity-like returns with downside protection. TowerBrook invests through a structured opportunities fund which allows us to identify and develop a broad array of opportunities, principally via structured asset and structured equity investments.
- Impact opportunities: Control and non-control growth equity investments in companies with demonstrated specific measurable ESG impact
As a disciplined investor with a commitment to fundamental value, TowerBrook seeks to deliver superior, risk-adjusted returns to investors on a consistent and responsible basis. TowerBrook is the first mainstream private equity firm to be certified as a B Corporation. B Corporation certification is administered by the non-profit B Lab organisation and is awarded to companies that demonstrate leadership in their commitment to environmental, social and governance (ESG) standards and responsible business practices.
Further information on: http://www.towerbrook.com
Work Placement Opportunity
A unique opportunity to join a small, close-knit and dynamic investment team with a history of creating value for investors. The internship will consist of assisting the London team with investment activities in UK/Europe, and the candidate will contribute in the following workstreams:
- Supporting the investment process:
- Financial research and analysis;
- Financial modelling;
- Industry research, expert calls and due diligence participation.
- Involvement in the preparation of investment committee materials
The candidate will be given the opportunity to have exposure to transactions, management teams and senior management of TowerBrook. We encourage creative thinking and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Salary: Competitive contract reflecting candidate’s level of knowledge and experience
- Duration: 3-6 month contract; internship start date from Sep-2023
Skills and Experience
- A record of strong academic performance from university and school
- The candidate must have prior experience in corporate finance and financial modelling, and working experience in finance, ideally within investment banking
- The candidate should possess a broad set of quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills, and be a strong team player
- Professional fluency in English is mandatory. Fluency in other major European languages is a plus
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential
- Ability to work under time pressure and exceed expectations in terms of deliverables
- Highest standards of integrity and honesty, and discretion for sensitive and confidential information
- Commitment to Responsible Ownership Values
The recruitment process will be organized in 2 steps:
1. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 Feb 2023
2. An interview process will be scheduled for short-listed candidates
Equal employment opportunity employer
TowerBrook is an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability (including COVID-19 status), or other applicable legally protected characteristics.